dahi vada Recipe
Ingredients Of Dahi Vada
- 1 cup dhuli urad ki daal (husked black gram)-soaked 5-6 hours, and ground to a paste
- Oil for frying
- 2 1/2 cups yogurt-beaten smooth
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp roasted and powdered cumin seeds
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp kali mirch
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp kala namak (black rock salt)
- Chaat ka masala for garnishing
How to Make Dahi Vada
- Beat daal well to make it light and fluffy.
- Heat the oil.
- Shape the wadas and fry in hot oil, to a golden brown over medium heat. Lift out of the oil and put into a pan of salted water.
- Repeat this with the rest of the batter.
- Mix the salt, 1 tsp of the cumin, 1 Tbsp of the coriander leaves and black pepper into the yogurt.
- Squeeze out the fried bhallas and arrange them on a serving dish.
- Cover it with yogurt garnish with the rest of the cumin, coriander leaves, chilli powder, kala namak and chaat masala.